Once again a nice and short tutorial on “Movie effect on photos”. You ever watched a movie and did you know their color effects is slightly different from what our photos have. Today I am going to show you, how you can easily add movie effects on your photo, step by step. So let start doing this.
1.First open the image in photoshop, which you want to add the effect. Here I am using my own photo with my two friends. Actually the image is flicked by my cell phone when I was in 10th STD. SO don’t get shocked by seeing my face :P.
Here what I am using:
2.Ok so once you open your Image in photoshop the next step is to create a new blank canvas with any size for which your photo should be well fit. I am choosing 1200×900.
3. Now create a rectangle box covering the transparent area with Black color or #000000. After that import your photo into this canvas and lover the height from the middle. Look the screenshot below for reference:
Have a look it already looks like the movie effect but we need some color correction for exact movie like effect.
4. Now go to Image>Adjustment>Hue/Saturation and use these settings:
5. Ok now we need to correct the brightness and contrast, for this go to Image > Adjustments > Exposure and use the below settings.
6.We are almost reached the movie effect. Now what we have to do is blur the corner of the image. You can easily do this by duplication the image and then add Gaussian blur effect
7. select the eraser tool and make the size to 1399 and Hardness to 0
8. Now delete the middle part and keep on clicking till you get the result properly. You will get some thing like this.
9. Ok, now we need to add some color effect, for adding color we are going to use New Adjustment layer go to Layer>New Adjustment layer>Curves then choose Red and make it in the shape of “S”. (For complete tutorial on this read this : Fake lomo effect in 3 easy steps)
Once you will do it correctly you will get some thing like this:
Hope you like the tutorial, thanks for reading my post. Visit again