Glossy text effects are really very useful and used by many designers even I used it many times. Today we will learn the very basic of glossy effect. It is very simple and looks great. In my earlier article I had shown you how to add shadow effect and how to make a cool background. Do check here:
So, lets start learning “Glossy text effect in simple steps”
1. As usual start with a new file with 800×800 px with Resolution 300 and background transparent.
2. Now add a text in the middle of the canvas using Black color. As you can see my background is slightly different from yours. Want to create like mine then Do check this
So, I have written “Glossy” using Dubtronic font, you can download it here for free.
3. Now move to the third step, now we will add a rectangular shape covering half. See below for reference. Also fill the rectangular shape on to this color #6e6d6d.
4. ok, now we have to mix the shape with the text. You can do it by selecting the shape and click the text icon holding ctrl key. (Note: We have to click on the “T” Icon not on the text). Then you will get some thing like this.
5. Then just click on Add layer Mask icon and you will get some thing like this
6. Now change the opacity to 53%
7. Now as you can see the glossy effect is too sharp, and doesn’t appears good. So let correct it. Select the glossy shape Click on set foreground color and make it #1b1a1a
8. Now again select the Gloss shape, double click on it to go for blending option or simply right click your mouse and select blending option. Then click on Gradient and choose the first gradient and choose the first one.
9. After selecting the first gradient, click OK, and then do these settings in the gradient panel:
10. Now you have done with the basic glossy effect here is the final preview of the Text. P.S. I have also added the Drop shadow in the text. We will learn about drop shadow on my future articles.
Hope you enjoy learning this basic gloss effect. My next article will on Photo effects. So stuck with me, and enjoy learning.
Thanks for reading this tutorial 🙂