Today we are going to learn how to design a professional looking book cover. First of all, let me explain you some important factor before designing the professional book cover.
- Image should be of high resolution.
- Don’t use too many fonts
- Font should be simple and clean
- Don’t add too many text on the cover.
So, keeping in mind these factors, let learn how to Design Professional book cover:
1.Create a new canvas in photoshop using your own size. I am creating the canvas of 600×800 px. I am using this image for my cover, yeah its Taj mahal, its nearest to my house, I already visited 3 times there and believe me its amazing 🙂
2.Ok, have you seen the image will not going to fit on our book cover. So, what I will do is I will crop it according to the size.
3. I open the image and crop it just assuming the canvas size.
4. Now I adjust the cropped image with the canvas size and then lets began.
5. Now duplicate the layer by dragging the layer to new layer icon or right click on the layer and then select duplicate layer. Once you duplicated the layer, its time to add some effect. Go to Image>Adjustment>Black and white. And use those settings which shows best result. Here is my settings:
Ok, now select the duplicate layer in which we are working now, Just overlay this, see the screen shot below:
6.You will get something like this:
7. Now I am adding the book title text. It will be “The Taj” with tagline “Amazing love”. Also I am using shadow in the text you can do that by simply select the text layer and choose blending option and then select Drop shadow:
8. Now the final step add some more text such as writer name, Published by, etc.
So, we got our book cover, its too easy if we follow some principal. Hope you like the article. Your comment is appreciable. Thanks visit again 🙂
Need Ebook or book cover?, you can hire me
Note: Never use any image without permission from the author.