This is the first tutorial, of MashDesigning regarding the designs of background. Hope you all love it.
Backgrounds are the backbone of designs which put beside the designs, there is a lot of misconceptions that backgrounds are nothing when you show your designs to world, but let me explain you, it the most amazing thing when it comes to show your designs. Yes, this is the basic tutorial, but its worth learning correctly.
There are some factors which we have to be take care:
Color combination is the most important thing I ever learn in my designing career. Because it is the only thing which makes a simple text to a rocking design. So, you need to think deeply about the color combination or scheme. There are some of the most color schemes out there which works great some are like, gray and white, orange and red, pink and red, grey and crimson red etc. Remember this combination works mostly in backgrounds.
Yet another important thing to be take care. It is upon you which designs are you show casing. For example if it is a logo, then use 800×600 px or 800×800 px.
3. Combination between the background and the design.
Without combination between the background and the design, your whole design going to be waste and you probably start hating designing. So, be careful whenever you choose background color for your design which you are going to show case.
So, this is enough to make your background cool, lets start with the designing procedure.
1. start Photoshop
2. Create a new file with 800×800 px (CTRL+N for new file) see Image for full setting.
2. Now using the rectangular tool create a new canvas of white color.
3.Now set the foreground color to #ddd9da and background color to #ffffff .
4. Then double click on the shape in the layer menu to open the Blending option
5. Now select Gradient overlay then choose the first gradient
6. Click on and then choose radial, make it reverse and make scale to 100%
7. Now let see how it will look like after putting some graphics on the background.
I am using my own created graphics. Here is the picture
8. Here is the final Preview of the background, also I used shadow effect in the image, that we will learn on the next tutorial.
Hope you enjoy creating a cool and simple background. Thanks for visiting my blog. 🙂